Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/03 07:05:29 UTC

GSoC 2016: Status and some concerns regarding caldav4j

Hi Maxim,

during the meeting we discussed a few points:

1) I added Ankush and Dima to Jira and assigned the tickets

2) We had a quick chat around Caldav and libraries.
https://github.com/caldav4j
Seems to support it but has a few issues in compiling. That is something we
can fix.
But it is using a deprecated library (http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/).
We would need to lift this to use the library to use
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/ instead. However this has not been done yet.

So the issue is that we need to decide on if we want to do this as part of
GSoC.
This could be a quite significant piece of work. If we added to the scope
of this project it could mean less time in doing any actual OpenMeetings
enhancements.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Wagner
https://twitter.com/#!/dead_lock

Re: GSoC 2016: Status and some concerns regarding caldav4j

Posted by Ankush Mishra <an...@gmail.com>.
Alright that makes sense. I think ioggstream, the Project Maintainer would
be fine with merging, as long as we get a version after migration which
works with very few bugs.

I like the steps you've mentioned and thus should hopefully get working on
that. This plan is sound and I hope to emulate it.

Much Thanks
Ankush Mishra

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ankush,

yeah it sounds like you are already all over it :) That's good. I don't
want to restrict you in your investigation and progressing this.

My only concern is that I do not have enough context to really asses how
much of an issue it what's a realistic time frame for this task.

Can we maybe do some partial migration, just to fit our needs?
As far as I understood at the moment you have some issues in building this
code. Is that with the master branch or also with this JackRabbit branch?

Thanks,
Sebastian

Posted by Ankush Mishra <an...@gmail.com>.
Just a couple things to address with respect to this issue, on thread
which Sebastian mentioned: https://github.com/caldav4j/caldav4j/issues/13

The username "TheAntimist", would be mine. As Sebastian mentioned that:

     From what I understood in that thread is that JackRabbit APIs are

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
I haven't check the code

On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 4:04 PM, seba.wagner@gmail.com <seba.wagner@gmail.com

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: GSoC 2016: Status and some concerns regarding caldav4j

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxim,

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: GSoC 2016: Status and some concerns regarding caldav4j

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Hello Sebastian,

--
WBR