Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Shane Caraveo <sh...@caraveo.com> on 1997/11/24 16:22:21 UTC

win32 problem with popenf

Hello,

Thanks for the help getting my debuging going.  I am actualy running
the debug from the php project, setting the executable to apache.exe
with the -x.  I then set a breakpoint in php, and call up a file from
a browser.  Works very nicely, and you don't need a debug version of
apache to debug the module (unless of course the bug ends up being in
apache)

Anyway, here is my problem.  As I said before, we use popenf to open
the file, the later call fdopen to get a stream.  After a while of
trying to figure out why fdopen was failing, I replaced the call to
popenf with a call to open, and guess what, fdopen doesn't fail.  I
haven't compiled a debug version of apache yet, will do in the next
day or two (I have to get back to painting this place before holiday
people arrive), but I thought I would let you all in on that, in case
someone else has run into the problem, or if anyone has used this on
windows and had it work fine, or there is a post b3 fix.  Again, the
php3 code works on unix just fine (from what I hear, I don't have it
running myself).  So if anyone has any input, please let me know.

Thanks
Shane