Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Steven Bethard <st...@Colorado.EDU> on 2013/03/14 18:16:57 UTC

where do relation-extractor models go?

On Mar 14, 2013, at 4:38 PM, Steven Bethard <St...@Colorado.EDU> wrote:
> Yeah, I never saw a conclusion to the discussion of where the relation-extractor models should go. My last impression was that they can't be in the Apache SVN at all, and they need to be in the Sourceforge ctakesresources project. Is that right?
>
> If that's the case, we need to update RelationExtractorTrain to deploy the models to that project rather than src/main/resources (where it currently deploys them), and delete all the models in the cTAKES SVN.
>
> And then where would the descriptors go? In the Sourceforge project? Or in the cTAKES SVN? Seems weird to have them in the cTAKES SVN if they can't refer to their models.
>
> And if we move the descriptors to Sourceforge, I guess that also means moving the tests to Sourceforge?

One added complexity is that if models and tests are moved to Sourceforge, then the Sourceforge models project needs to depend on the right version of cTAKES (since most tests will need ctakes-type-system at least). I guess that means that all the dependencies in the Sourceforge project would be -SNAPSHOT dependencies to cTAKES and the Sourceforge project would be released in lock-step with the cTAKES releases?

Steve