Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2003/05/16 23:55:26 UTC

OJB and Maven

Regarding this portion of my earlier message...

>Also, is there some OJB specific maven JAR repository?  I was hoping
>to use Maven to make a JBuilder project so I could explore the code
>more easily, but there are several dependencies which are not on
>iBiblio...  some of these might be SUN things, but others look like
>they would normally be available...
>
>ejb.jar
>jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar
>jta-1.0.1.jar
>p6spy-1.0.jar
>xalan-2.4.jar

obviously, ejb and jta are Sun JARs, and so will not be on ibiblio.
Here are some things that I've found which work

On ibiblio, "jakarta-regexp" is known as "regexp".  That dependency
in project.xml should probably just be changed.

On ibiblio, there is no Xalan 2.4, but there is a 2.4.1.  I would bet
that that dependency version could be changed.

On ibiblio there is no version 1.0 of p6spy.  There is, however, a
1.0-beta.  That version could probably be changed in project.xml

I found some other problems too:

the Project file declares a dependency on commons-lang-1.0-b1.1.
However, the code actually requires "ToStringBuilder," a class which
is not in that release.  I was able to build with commons-lang-1.0.1.

I'm running into some other problems because I have my JBuilder JDK
set to 1.3 and the big changes in the SQL APIs between 1.3 and 1.4
are cropping up.  I'm pretty sure OJB has Ant tricks to work around
this, and I'm not sure how you would work around this in a Maven
context, so i'll have to work out my own solution to this part... but
the other things noted seem like "bugs" in the project.xml file.

I could organize these into a bug report and file it if necessary, or
maybe this is enough to communicate to someone who could tweak the
project file?

Joe

Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com
http://blog.germuska.com
"If nature worked that way, the universe would crash all the time."
	--Jaron Lanier

How to put OJB to an application?

Posted by Leon <le...@hotmail.com>.
Hello,

I am newbie of OJB. I want to use the OJB as the persistance framework in
our project with Struts and Weblogic. Could anyone give me some idear to put
OJB, Struts and Weblogic together?
Thanks in advance.

Leon

Re: OJB and Maven

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Joe,

Joe Germuska wrote:
> Regarding this portion of my earlier message...
>
>> Also, is there some OJB specific maven JAR repository?  I was hoping
>> to use Maven to make a JBuilder project so I could explore the code
>> more easily, but there are several dependencies which are not on
>> iBiblio...  some of these might be SUN things, but others look like
>> they would normally be available...
>>
>> ejb.jar
>> jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar
>> jta-1.0.1.jar
>> p6spy-1.0.jar
>> xalan-2.4.jar
>

> obviously, ejb and jta are Sun JARs, and so will not be on ibiblio. Here
> are some things that I've found which work
>
> On ibiblio, "jakarta-regexp" is known as "regexp".  That dependency in
> project.xml should probably just be changed.
>
> On ibiblio, there is no Xalan 2.4, but there is a 2.4.1.  I would bet
> that that dependency version could be changed.
>
> On ibiblio there is no version 1.0 of p6spy.  There is, however, a
> 1.0-beta.  That version could probably be changed in project.xml

We should alway upgrade to the latest version on both sides. That is if
OJB uses an older xalan then we should upgrade.
If ibiblio list an old p6spy they should upgrade.

> I found some other problems too:
>
> the Project file declares a dependency on commons-lang-1.0-b1.1.
> However, the code actually requires "ToStringBuilder," a class which is
> not in that release.  I was able to build with commons-lang-1.0.1.

I'll have a look at it.

> I'm running into some other problems because I have my JBuilder JDK set
> to 1.3 and the big changes in the SQL APIs between 1.3 and 1.4 are
> cropping up.  I'm pretty sure OJB has Ant tricks to work around this,
> and I'm not sure how you would work around this in a Maven context, so
> i'll have to work out my own solution to this part... but the other
> things noted seem like "bugs" in the project.xml file.

I know that the Maven team tried to adopt the JDK detection logic that
we used, to allow builds for jdk 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4.
I know there is some code in the maven xml file, but I have no idea if
it works at all.

> I could organize these into a bug report and file it if necessary, or
> maybe this is enough to communicate to someone who could tweak the
> project file?

The best thing is to post patches. It simply reduces the workload for
the committers.

cheers,
Thomas