Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Luis Castro <qu...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/08 23:39:38 UTC

Restricting commit from ip's

Hello.

I'm in a development process and I have a build machine (with nant and
tools ... ) and some development machines.

Sometimes the developers do small changes in the build machine and
commit from there.

How can I restrict the commits from development machines only.

I'm using svn 1.4 with mod_dav_svn and apace 2.0.*.

Thanks.

Re: Restricting commit from ip's

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 8, 2007, at 19:02, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jun 8, 2007, at 18:39, Luis Castro wrote:
>
>> I'm in a development process and I have a build machine (with nant
>> and
>> tools ... ) and some development machines.
>>
>> Sometimes the developers do small changes in the build machine and
>> commit from there.
>>
>> How can I restrict the commits from development machines only.
>>
>> I'm using svn 1.4 with mod_dav_svn and apace 2.0.*.
>
> This post may be of interest to you:
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2007-05/0395.shtml

Ah, sorry, I spoke too soon. The above will only work for
notifications and the like, and won't help you prevent things from
happening, based on the IP. To do what you want, you'll need to serve
the repo with Apache, and you'll need to write some Apache
configuration directives that prevent commits based on the IP. This
is probably a question best dealt with by Apache experts, and will
probably have something to do with the directives described here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_access.html

Re: Restricting commit from ip's

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.