Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kr...@wkd-ep.de on 2001/01/31 10:44:36 UTC

xsp

Hello,

I work at the University of Koblenz on the project Uralic Etymological
Databse. We store a big Dictionary in a DB2 Database in many-many
fragments. One XML fragment is one word entry. The column where these
fragments are stored has the type CLOB. (fragments can be 500K) If I use
XSP for generating dinamically XML data I don't get a result from CLOB
columns. Everithing is fine if I use the xsp:get-string tag for string
columns. But if I want to make a query on a CLOB column, if I make it with
xsp:get-string, I get an error message, with xsp:get-xml nothing happens,
I mean there is no data in the result.

Can somebody help me to solve the problem?

Thanks
Krisztian

Re: xsp

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 Krisztian.Nemeth@wkd-ep.de wrote:

> I work at the University of Koblenz on the project Uralic Etymological
> Databse. We store a big Dictionary in a DB2 Database in many-many
> fragments. One XML fragment is one word entry. The column where these
> fragments are stored has the type CLOB. (fragments can be 500K) If I use
> XSP for generating dinamically XML data I don't get a result from CLOB
> columns. Everithing is fine if I use the xsp:get-string tag for string
> columns. But if I want to make a query on a CLOB column, if I make it with
> xsp:get-string, I get an error message, with xsp:get-xml nothing happens,
> I mean there is no data in the result.

i presume you're using esql. if so, what is the error message you get when
you call esql:get-string on a CLOB column on a DB2 database?

- donald