Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Darius Bohni <d....@gmail.com> on 2010/11/08 16:14:22 UTC

HTTPClient 4 Streaming

Hi,

I try to read an http stream (ex. Shoutcast) with a virtual address (with
and without using an http proxy). How can I do this with the new HttpClient
4?
It hangs on execute() when using a GET request. I've read that execute()
waits until all data is arrived, is there no workaround?
I've tested also URLConnection but i need the ability of using a virtual ip
:-(. I've successfully implemented a plain socket connection (with an
virtual ip), but there is no support for an HTTP Proxy. A plain socket can
only use a SOCKS proxy.

Can anybody help me?

regards,

Re: HTTPClient 4 Streaming

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 16:14 +0100, Darius Bohni wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to read an http stream (ex. Shoutcast) with a virtual address (with
> and without using an http proxy). How can I do this with the new HttpClient
> 4?
> It hangs on execute() when using a GET request. I've read that execute()
> waits until all data is arrived, is there no workaround?

This is not the case. HttpClient#execute method returns immediately
after receiving a valid response head (status line + headers). The
response content can be obtained from the HttpEntity associated with the
HttpResponse object returned by the execute method.

Oleg