Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Huw Roberts <hu...@apache.org> on 2003/02/22 22:00:43 UTC

LogKit in Maven

The version of logkit on ibiblio/maven is 1.0.1.  How do we get that
updated?  Once that is done the check-targets.properties files need to
be touched as well - i think this should be a prereq for releasing
framework.

Re: LogKit in Maven

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Jason van Zyl wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 16:00, Huw Roberts wrote:
>

>>The version of logkit on ibiblio/maven is 1.0.1.  How do we get that
>>updated?  Once that is done the check-targets.properties files need to
>>be touched as well - i think this should be a prereq for releasing
>>framework.
>>

>http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/repository-upload.html

Jason:

Attached is a project.xml and maven.xml that I use to build logkit.
Some important points:

  * groupId is set to "avalon"
  * id is set to "avalon-logkit"

To actually use maven to build an equivalent distribution one would need
a slightly modified java POM (updated to handle jar manifest for
extension  The maven.xml file includes declaration of a few extra
properties needed for the manifgest generation together with expansion
of the source path to include the compat src tree.

The binary download is available at:

  http://www.apache.org/dist/avalon/logkit/latest/

To be consistent with the project defintion the jar file included in the
dowwbload should be renamed to avalon-logkit-1.2.jar.

Cheers, Steve.

>Licensing stuff has already been taken care of.

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net

Re: LogKit in Maven

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 16:00, Huw Roberts wrote:
> The version of logkit on ibiblio/maven is 1.0.1.  How do we get that
> updated?  Once that is done the check-targets.properties files need to
> be touched as well - i think this should be a prereq for releasing
> framework.

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/maven/repository-upload.html

Licensing stuff has already been taken care of.

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org