Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Antoine Angénieux <aa...@clinigrid.com> on 2007/08/15 14:15:31 UTC

image overlays, what's the best solution ?

Hi guys,

I've been using Wickets for over 6 months now and absolutely love it!

I'm developping on Wicket 1.3 beta 2 and was looking for the best
solution to provide some kind of composite ResourceReference...

What I want to achieve is building complex icons by superposing them on
top of each others (imagine an icon in a tree that could be decorated by
an error mark and / or a signed, rejected mark or whatever you can come
up with).

Furthermore, I'd like the resulting image to be accesible by an URL that
does not require bookmarkability...

My "source" icon to be decorated is available as a Wicket ResourceReference.

One way I found interesting was to build this on top of
RenderedDynamicImageResource and do the overlaying in the
render(Graphics2D graphics) method, but I could not find a reliable
method to wrap the data from my source icon ResourceReference into
either a "comprehensive" byte array for the awt Toolkit to build an
image, or more simply directly an awt Image from the
resource.getResourceStream().getInputStream().

Ideas anyone ?

Cheers,

Antoine.

Re: image overlays, what's the best solution ?

Posted by Antoine Angénieux <aa...@clinigrid.com>.
OK, I just added the page to the wiki :
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/How+to+create+dynamic+image+overlays

Very crude and unpolished right now, but i'll appreciate any feeback !

Cheers,

Antoine.

Posted by Gerolf Seitz <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antoine Angénieux <aa...@clinigrid.com>.