Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Kim Wegerle <ki...@web.de> on 2004/02/27 14:26:52 UTC

$ProxyX not found in OJB Repository

Hello,

the repository I use was correct for use with mySQL. All features in my web application worked fine. Now after changing the database vendor from mySQL to Oracle I have Problems while updating, inserting or deleting objects. I use Oracle in combination with OJB RC5. I use the ODMG interface to access data. I use virtual proxies for lazy materialization. The error message I receive is:

[org.apache.ojb.odmg.ObjectEnvelopeTable] ERROR: Commit on object level failed for tx org.apache.ojb.odmg.TransactionImpl@51b0a5
$Proxy2 not found in OJB Repository
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.ClassNotPersistenceCapableException: $Proxy2 not found in OJB Repository
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.DescriptorRepository.getDescriptorFor(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata.DescriptorRepository.getDescriptorFor(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getClassDescriptor(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.store(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.storeCollectionObject(Unknown Source)

Does anyone have any idea why this happens ? Is it a bug or a wrong repository configuration?

Best regards

Kim Wegerle

Re: $ProxyX not found in OJB Repository

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>.

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Kim Wegerle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the repository I use was correct for use with mySQL. All features in my web application worked fine. Now after changing the database vendor from mySQL to Oracle I have Problems while updating, inserting or deleting objects. I use Oracle in combination with OJB RC5. I use the ODMG interface to access data. I use virtual proxies for lazy materialization. The error message I receive is:

What proxies do you mean, the ojb proxy mechanism or some application
specific mechanism ? The error message states that you tried to store an
instance of Proxy. If you use the ojb proxy mechanism, then the object is
possibly not materialized yet (though I may be wrong about that; you
can check with the help of the ojb class ProxyHelper). If you roll your
own proxy mechanism, then you'll need to update to CVS Head as this was
not working in RC5 and earlier.

Tom