Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Robert van Poelgeest <r....@metaobjects.nl> on 2010/11/18 01:01:03 UTC

Introducing myself

Hi, my name is Robert van Poelgeest, I am working as a lead developer in
MetaObjects. I am really interested in the Isis project because it seems to
have some similarities with the stuff I have been working on for the past 10
years. Also I am looking to make my work available to the community as a
whole. As such I would also like to attend the Skype call later today as was
pointed out to me by my friend Mohammad Nour. Hope you will find my
contributions worth while J.

Kind regards,

Robert van Poelgeest

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,
Thanks for introducing yourself here.

Nour was explaining to me off-list about your interest, and (speaking
for myself) it'd be great to see if our respective projects have
something to offer each other (perhaps just ideas, maybe something more
concrete).

As I'm sure Nour explained, we have quite a big group call set up on
Skype later on today.  The purpose as I see it is four-fold:
- a little background on Isis and its predecessor, Naked Objects;
- a "getting to know you" for those members of the community (the
community is still in its early stages), and
- a practical run-through of the module structure and the build system.
- deciding on next priorities (eg, getting a v0.1 release out) now that
we have the code migrated over

I'm sure that there'll be some AOB too.

If there's anyone in the community who has any objection to Robert
coming into the call, do contact me offlist or via isis-private;
otherwise, Robert, I'll gladly include you in the call.

And thanks again for your interest in our new project!

Cheers
Dan

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Robert Matthews <rm...@nakedobjects.org>.
Yeah,  we had a tool that described in English the actions at the users
would have taken (see http://nakedobjects.org/book/section41.html for a
screenshot).

Rob

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <sg...@gmx.at>.
Hi Sabine,

just found at that you are located in Vienna ... :-)

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

Re: Introducing myself

Posted by Sabine Winkler <sw...@sabinewinkler.com>.