Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2013/08/05 16:57:09 UTC

Re: How do we handle an Incubator release

On 07/25/2013 08:27 PM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
> I'm not aware of any blockers.  I think it might be nice to rename our
> README to INSTALL, and create a README which is a short summary of what
> Allura does, plus a URL or two for folks to find more info.  I don't think
> its critical though.

How are we going on this? Are we going to be able to have a release by
our next board report?

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Re: How do we handle an Incubator release

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Cory Johns wrote on Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 11:36:15 -0400:
> We need to create the KEYS file with the keys of anyone who will be

Or you could use https://people.apache.org/keys/group/allura.asc.
It will be created once:

- An allura= group is added to the svn authz file
- At least one member of that group adds a key to https://id.apache.org/

Daniel

Posted by Dave Brondsema <db...@slashdotmedia.com>.
On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 08/06/2013 10:38 AM, Cory Johns wrote:
>
>> I think so.  We have a rat build passing on Jenkins, and the license
>> issues
>> are all resolved, Dave has access to people.apache.org to set up the
>> directory and upload the file, Dave and I have keys (
>> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/**lookup?op=vindex&search=**
>> 0x56F0526F9BB3CE70<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x56F0526F9BB3CE70>and
>> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/**lookup?op=vindex&search=**
>> 0xDB6E071B449C78B1respectively<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xDB6E071B449C78B1respectively>
>> **)
>> that should be ok for signing (though mine needs a bit of
>> building up on the web of trust), and there are no other hurdles that I
>> can
>> come up with to creating a tarball of the Allura source, signing it, and
>> putting it up.
>>

> I don't know that I'd ever do a release, but I'm at
> http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/**lookup?op=vindex&search=**
> 0x5CFD37FACC78C893<http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x5CFD37FACC78C893>and I'm fairly well connected. And it looks like I signed Dave's key in
> 2004. Were you at ApacheCon in Las Vegas that year?

Ohio Linuxfest I think :)

--
Dave Brondsema
Principal Software Engineer - sourceforge.net

Re: How do we handle an Incubator release

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Cory Johns <cj...@slashdotmedia.com>.
We need to create the KEYS file with the keys of anyone who will be
authorized to sign a release, so anyone who wants to be able to make a
release should provide a link to their key.

Peter, do you have a key up that we can include?

Posted by Dave Brondsema <db...@slashdotmedia.com>.

Posted by Cory Johns <cj...@slashdotmedia.com>.

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Peter Hartmann <ma...@gmail.com>.
2013/8/5 Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>

> On 07/25/2013 08:27 PM, Dave Brondsema wrote:
>
>> I'm not aware of any blockers.  I think it might be nice to rename our
>> README to INSTALL, and create a README which is a short summary of what
>> Allura does, plus a URL or two for folks to find more info.  I don't think
>> its critical though.
>>

> How are we going on this? Are we going to be able to have a release by our
> next board report?

We may try. When is it coming?