Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by dann frazier <da...@dannf.org> on 2008/04/09 05:56:47 UTC

svn-load 0.9 release

svn-load 0.9 is now available:
 http://free.linux.hp.com/~dannf/svn-load/svn-load-0.9.tar.gz

Changes:
  * Add support for regular files becoming symlinks, reported
    in Debian bug #436751
  * Fix help output to show that at least one load directory is
    required, reported in Debian bug #475093
  * Treat directory symlinks like files when overlaying them to
    prevent a real directory (and its contents) from being added

svn-load is a (mostly) drop-in replacement for svn_load_dirs. It is
available under an open source license and implemented in python.

--
dann frazier

Re: svn-load 0.10 release

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@red-bean.com>.
dann frazier <da...@dannf.org> writes:
> svn-load came into existance because the copyright holder for
> svn_load_dirs.pl hasn't made it available under a license that permits
> things like redistribution, modification, etc. This means that at
> least one distribution (Debian) chose to stop shipping it, causing a
> functionality regression for our users. After unsuccessful attempts to
> have it made available under an open source license, I chose to
> reimplement it.

To be clear: the issue is more about the copyright holder's uncertainty
as to whether a former employer has any claim over the code.  If it were
merely up to the listed holder, there'd be no problem.

Dann, you might want to make maintain feature comparison table on the
web page, and when you've subsumed all the features of the old script,
make an announcement here.  It sounds like you're very close...

Re: svn-load 0.10 release

Posted by dann frazier <da...@dannf.org>.
On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 11:25:43PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Apr 23, 2008, at 10:18 PM, dann frazier wrote:

>>> Can you say what's missing between svn-load and svn_load_dirs still?
>>
>> These svn_load_dirs options have no counterpart in svn-load:
>>   -p filename    table listing properties to apply to matching files
>>   -svn_username  username to perform commits as
>>   -svn_password  password to supply to svn commit
>>
>> The only option svn-load adds is:
>>   -m FILE, --move-map=FILE
>>
>> which is used to automate file movements
>
> Is that (-m FILE) the main reason why I might use svn-load, or what other
> incentive do I have to use svn-load instead of svn_load_dirs.pl?

Functionality wise, yes. The move map option is the only additional
feature svn-load has beyond svn_load_dirs.pl.

Re: svn-load 0.10 release

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <ry...@users.sourceforge.net>.

Re: svn-load 0.10 release

Posted by dann frazier <da...@dannf.org>.