Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "S M.C Butler" <si...@icmethods.com> on 2005/03/14 20:20:45 UTC

2 pops

Hi, I would like to have my mail forwarded to my ISP's account and then
popped to my server where I can run spam assassin and finally popped a
second time to my PC. How do I get this 2-level pop mechanism going? How can
I pop from my ISP account to my server in a way that will allow me to do a
second pop from /var/mail/username to my pc

 Thx in advance.

RE: 2 pops

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 02:53 PM 3/14/2005, S M.C Butler wrote:
> >1) what does this have to do with the thread "Re: Bayes DB does not grow
> >anymore"?
> >

>oops I replied to that mail to get the mailing list address and forgot to
>delete the inline text, sorry about that.

Even if you did remove the inline text, it's still going to show up as a
reply to that thread... The "In-Reply-To:" header will give you away.. From
your original post:

Based on this, any threading mail readers and list archives will burry your
post as a reply, rather than showing it as a new thread.

Take a look at the GMANE archives for an example of threading:
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.mail.spam.spamassassin.general

The big difference in a mail client is that threading mail clients
generally allow you to collapse threads and you don't see the posts under
them when collapsed.

When posting a new thread it's really in your best interest to just create
a new message, and not try to hijack a reply into being something it's not.

RE: 2 pops

Posted by "S M.C Butler" <si...@icmethods.com>.

>1) what does this have to do with the thread "Re: Bayes DB does not grow
>anymore"?

oops I replied to that mail to get the mailing list address and forgot to
delete the inline text, sorry about that.

>2) man fetchmail

thx, I'll check it out.

Re: 2 pops

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.