Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Marc Harris <mh...@jumptap.com> on 2008/02/01 16:47:30 UTC

Nice work with hbase migrate

I just upgraded from 0.15.3 to 0.16. I went through the (lengthy) hadoop
upgrade procedure, but was not aware that I had to do anything specific
for hbase.

When I went to start hbase, I saw the message in the log telling me that
I had to run hbase migrate, so I did so, and it worked.

I now see that some significant thought went into getting this right
(HADOOP-2668) and making sure the user who did not know that a migration
was needed would do the right thing. In my case it worked flawlessly.

Nice job.