Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by Manish Chakravarty <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/07 12:59:06 UTC

Error 126: Does it depend on the way you program the module?

Hi All,

I am working on an apache module. Work was progressing fine and the
module was working well.

During my usual compile-test cycle, Apache suddenly came up with the
error message:

could not load the module XXXXXXX.dll into server the module could  not be found
:Error 126

Is there some size limit on DLL's that i have crossed. I read from the
forums that it is some kind of a dependency problem, but my module
does not have any dependencies!

I am using Apache 1.3
Any help will be greatfull acknowleged.

--
Warm Regards,
Manish Chakravarty

Re: Error 126: Does it depend on the way you program the module?

Posted by David Wortham <dj...@gmail.com>.
Manish,
   I am not familiar with the Windows modile development environment, but I
am familiar with APXS.  Assuming you are using apxs (with parameters 'c' and
'i' for compile & install), you could be seeing a compile error that does
not stop apxs from continuing the makefile script.  If that's the case,
makefile would remove the old copy of your compiled module and not have
anything to copy to your Apache modules directory.  In this case, you would
just want to read thoroughly through the APXS STDOUT/STDERR and fix any
possible errors.

   Just a thought.  Seems to be more likely than you overrunning a module
size limitation.  Also, you could look into the modules directory (to see if
the compiled module code (the DLL) actually exists.  If it does, that could
be a completely different problem than if it does not exist.

> but my module does not have any dependencies
Does that mean that you have NO #include statements?  That would seem to be
difficult to get anything done in Apache without any libraries.  Granted, it
sounds like you were doing fine and you hit one bad compile.

Are you coding in an editor that will allow you to UNDO past a previous
savepoint?  That's typically one of the first things I will do to determine
what changes were problematic.  Make sure you get back to us if you weren't
able to solve the issue.

Dave Wortham

Posted by Chris Kukuchka <ch...@sequoiagroup.com>.
Manish Chakravarty wrote:
> could not load the module XXXXXXX.dll into server the module could
> not be found
> :Error 126

Manish,

Google finds this: