Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by acm <an...@boeing.com> on 2006/07/18 00:22:54 UTC

Can't run http-binding example remotely when listening on 'localhost'

i have been able to get the http-binding example working, but am having
problems with configuring the host on the client and server.  If the server
is set to listen on 'localhost', i cannot connect to the server by using its
hostname or external ip.  if the server is set to listen on its external ip,
I cannot connect using 'localhost'.  If they are the same then things work
fine.  What could be causing this?

Apache doesn't have this problem, I can connect via either localhost or the
real hostname.

thank you,
acm

     [echo] Running example client
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused
     [java]     at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
     [java]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
     [java]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
     [java]     at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
     [java]     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:507)
     [java]     at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:457)
     [java]     at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
     [java]     at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:365)
     [java]     at
sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:477)
     [java]     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:214)
     [java]     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:287)
     [java]     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:299)
     [java]     at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:792)
     [java]     at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:744)
     [java]     at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:669)
     [java]     at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getOutputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:836)
     [java]     at HttpClient.main(Unknown Source)
     [java] Java Result: 1

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Can't run http-binding example remotely when listening on 'localhost

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Using 0.0.0.0 as the host should work the same way.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Can't run http-binding example remotely when listening on 'localhost

Posted by acm <an...@boeing.com>.

Posted by Abdeslam El Abbassi <ab...@thalesgroup.com>.
I have the same probleme, any answers please ?

Regards,

Abdes
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.