Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Viral Bajaria <vi...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/01 11:51:50 UTC

HBASE-7846 : is it safe to use on 0.94.4 ?

Hi,

Just wanted to check if it's safe to use the JIRA mentioned in the subject
i.e. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-7846

Thanks,
Viral

Re: HBASE-7846 : is it safe to use on 0.94.4 ?

Posted by Viral Bajaria <vi...@gmail.com>.
Found this while going through the online merge jira...

The comments were interesting and I as an user would agree to the fact that
supplying a patch is good and it's on me to decide whether I should use it
or not. The core committee obviously is pushing for 0.96 but given that we
have clusters running older versions, I feel this tool would have helped my
current case immensely. I am all for disabling a region and then doing a
merge. To shutdown the whole cluster and put things in maintenance mode is
something that I would love to avoid. On a side note, it will help me avoid
staying up all night :-)

I will give this patch a try and provide my feedback. Maybe it might help
some other folks out there.

Thanks,
Viral

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.