Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Cheatham, Kevin" <Ke...@graybar.com> on 2016/09/20 11:48:54 UTC

Solr Special Character Search

Hello - Has anyone out there had success with anything similar to our issue below and be kind enough to share?

We posted several files as text and we're able to search for alphanumeric characters, but not able to search for special characters such as @ or © through Solrcloud Admin 5.2 UI.
We've searched through lots of documentation but haven't had success yet.

We also tried posting files not as text but seems we're not able to search for any special characters below hexadecimal 20.

Thanks!

Kevin Cheatham | Office (314) 573-5534 | kevin.cheatham@graybar.com
www.graybar.com - Graybar Works to Your Advantage

Re: Solr Special Character Search

Posted by Muhammad Zahid Iqbal <za...@northbaysolutions.net>.
Hi,

To handled special characters, either you need to create your own custom
filter factory or need to replace already specified filter factory with
some other, if you are using StandardFilterFactory.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.