Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Craig Green <CG...@bulldog.com> on 2001/02/14 20:42:11 UTC

Stateful web service

Hello,
	I'm trying to implement a stateful web service with Apache SOAP.
When I deploy my service I select the scope to be "Session". This does not
seems to work, it's still stateless (I did get the Application scope working
though). I have the feeling I'm missing something silly. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Craig

Re: Stateful web service

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
No its not your fault .. I assume you're using Apache SOAP on the client
side too right? THe problem is that APache SOAP client API currently
does not maintain the HTTP session. Its a small bit of code that needs
to be added to the SOAPHTTPConnection class to copy the session cookies
from the response to subsequent requests when the user has asked to maintain
the session.

Sanjiva.

Re: Stateful web service