Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Vu Hong Thuan <th...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/07 17:45:49 UTC

Have you ever integrated pentaho with ofbiz

Hi all,
I see that the reports in ofbiz is very simple.
I want to integrate third-party report into ofbiz. I prefer pentaho.
Could you give me some suggestion about the integration.
Thanks.

Re: Have you ever integrated pentaho with ofbiz

Posted by "tanzeem.mb" <ta...@hotmail.com>.
I have used POI API inside a java method and
UtilHttp.streamContentToBrowser() to send result to browser. hope this might
help you

Posted by Angelo Matarazzo <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Have you looked into what it actually means for Opentaps to include
Pentaho?

You might be surprised...

-David

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

when doing BI you want a flat data info, not relationships, I agree.
so in essence the complete layout of ofbiz does not allow for fast
access of meta data.
the was addressed by generating flat structure entities that represent
the warehouse data needed
Like in most systems I have dealt with there is a nightly build of the
data for use for reports the next day. Similar to the table add code in
ofbiz is a entity build for the flat files.

Why, well for the one reason I came on board with ofbiz ease of maintenance.
:D

David E Jones sent the following on 4/8/2009 2:40 AM:

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

from the opentaps forum

By: Si Chen (sichenProject Admin) - 2009-01-09 13:13
me too: please post here once in awhile and let me know how your group
is going.

Now word about ofbiz and opentaps: we will be deprecating more of the
ofbiz things in favor of open source projects like Spring and hibernate,
and a few others that are less well known, but also very high quality.
So, while understanding the ofbiz framework will certainly continue to
be important, there are also a lot of other technologies here now in
opentaps.

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
No worries - I totally understand pentaho and it's abilities and that it is available OOTB in Opentaps.  My simple request, is to look at Apache OFBiz - which is a far superior product IMHO - and build on top of that instead of messing around with something else.  There are people that have done it in OFBiz, so let's look to them instead of sending our community elsewhere.

I hope you understand where I am coming from as well.

Cheers,
Tim

Posted by "Michael Xu (xudong)" <do...@wizitsoft.com>.
hi Tim,

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by "Michael Xu (xudong)" <do...@wizitsoft.com>.
hi Thuan,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Re: Have you ever integrated pentaho with ofbiz

Posted by Vu Hong Thuan <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks BJ
Which software you want to use to generate report in ofbiz?
Do developers of ofbiz want to use pentaho for ofbiz report?
If no, which software they want to use?

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.