Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jason Rizer <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/03 21:12:33 UTC

How can I turn off use of DTD?

Hello.  I apologize if this question doesn't make
perfect sense, but I'm pretty new to all of this.
I've inherited some code which uses the xerces parser
implementation.  It includes a class which extends
org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser and overrides
startReadingFromExternalSubset( ) and
stopReadingFromExternalSubset( ) with null
implementations because we don't use a DTD.  First of
all, where are these methods?  I can't find them in
the DOMParser class.  Also, is there any other way to
turn off the use of DTDs?  Thanks in advance.

-Jason

Re: How can I turn off use of DTD?

Posted by Vanasri Upadhye <vu...@powertec.com>.
Hello,
Don't put the statement !Doctype in xml file. So while parsing it will not
look for dtd.
Hope this helps
Vanasri