Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by Thomas Skovsende <IT...@gyldendal.dk> on 2007/09/20 08:56:36 UTC

Problem indexing isbn

Hey guys.

I have searched around abit, and I havent really found a solution to my
problem, so I'm gonna try here.

I am trying to index an ISBN number using a StandardAnalyzer, but i get
absolutely no hits when I try to search on that ISBN number. Every other
search I do works perfectly, so I know that everything is set up
correctly.

I have tried to look at the code for the StandardTokenizer and as far as
I can see, it should be able to index ISBN's.

I feel pretty sure this is just another case of "stupid developer", so
if anyone have any pointers or hints, they would be appriciated.

Best regards,
  Thomas Skovsende

Re: Problem indexing isbn

Posted by Jokin Cuadrado <jo...@gmail.com>.
ok about the "-", but i still think that the keyword analyzer is the
best option in case the isbn is in a separate field.

This point in the lucene faq cover the most common causes of this error.
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-3558e5121806fb4fce80fc022d889484a9248b71

regards.

Re: Problem indexing isbn

Posted by Michael Mitiaguin <mi...@gmail.com>.