Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dead_devil_66 <de...@hotmail.com> on 2011/04/03 22:35:21 UTC

Where to put...

Greetings.

I have been learning about camel for the past weeks. There is one thing that
i can't see explained anywhere:

Where do i put each file that is used in the configuration & routing of
camel???

I mean, i have bean files, context files, context-osgi files, properties
files (for log4j, for example), transport spring files and so on and on.
Where in this earth i put each thing???? And in what files should i put
what?

Re: Where to put...

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
That´s up to you. Camel does not enforce any naming scheme. For the
spring config typical names are *-context.xml.
If you use the java dsl then the class you need to extend is
RouteBuilder. So often it is called *RouteBuilder but again it is not
enforced.
Christian

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: Where to put...

Posted by dead_devil_66 <de...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks for replying.

Re: Where to put...

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi,

there are two main ways to configure camel. With a spring config and
with a java config.
Then there are several deployment options. The most well known are in a
servlet container or standalone.

Best you begin with a standalone app. In case of java config you just
write a main class and need no other config files.
If you choose a spring config then you will have a main class that load
a ClassPathXmlApplicationContext and spring config file.
The spring config file should be placed where you specify in the main class.

So at least at the start you wont have that many config files. The camel
examples show best how it works.

Christian

----
http://www.liquid-reality.de