Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Rob Richardson <RD...@rad-con.com> on 2013/09/30 15:05:04 UTC

What does the MemoryAppender's Fix() method do?

The documentation for the MemoryAppender class mentions a Fix method and a FixFlags property, but there is absolutely no information about what they actually do.  Could someone please explain them?

Thank you.

RobR

RE: What does the MemoryAppender's Fix() method do?

Posted by Rob Richardson <RD...@rad-con.com>.
I am interested because the documentation for the Fix properties and methods is so poor.  I do not know when I am supposed to use them or what I am supposed to use them for, or what is used internally and what is designed for public use.

Thank you very much.  I understand now.  But I note that in the link below,
it says that FixVolatileData() is now considered obsolete.  Why is that?

RE: What does the MemoryAppender's Fix() method do?

AW: What does the MemoryAppender's Fix() method do?

I think this is what you're looking for, isn't it?

Posted by Dominik Psenner <dp...@gmail.com>.