Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Nadir Gulzar <NG...@Enterpulse.com> on 2002/11/05 22:20:48 UTC

[Announce] Struts Article on theServerSide.com

An article on Struts has been published on www.theServerSide.com. This
article titled 'Fast Track to Struts: What it Does and How' is primarily
written to assist new users get quickly familiar with Struts. It is
complementary to the information already available at
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/index.html. I am hoping that this
article will complement the efforts of the people already evangelizing
Struts adoption.

The introduction to the article is reproduced below.

Introduction
------------
The objective of this article is to introduce prospective Struts users to
the key benefits of using Struts, and at the same time illustrate its
configuration and usage semantics. We will define the requirements of a
robust presentation framework and simultaneously discuss how these
requirements are implemented in the Struts framework. We will also explore
the design patterns implemented by Struts, the semantics of the controller,
and the semantics of the associated helper components; this knowledge will
be useful when designing components that will interact with the framework,
and when there is a need for extending the framework for accommodating
special needs of a project. This article complements the information
available at http://jakarta.apache.org/struts.

Nadir Gulzar.