Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gary Manigault <ma...@dunncenter.org> on 2004/10/21 17:54:43 UTC

Spamassassin not working

I have Spamassasin version 2.63.  I have some allowed and denied
addresses setup but it doesn't seem to be working. The spamd process it
running.  It doesn't seem to be tagging mail from the denied domain
names.  I have been testing this with a telnet to my postfix box which
is my email gateway between the outside and my exchange server.  Can
anyone point me in the right direction?  Thanks.

Gary Manigault
Sr. Systems Analyst
765.983.8146

Re: WebUserPrefs

Posted by Mike Jackson <mj...@cmc.net>.
> There's an old project called "WebUserPrefs" written in PHP for
> modifying end-user preferences via the web.   It's not applicable to
> SA-3.0, and I wonder if there are other similar projects out there yet
> for SA-3.0... ?

The SASQL plugin for SquirrelMail works just fine with SA-3.0

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=167

Mike Jackson
Editor & Web Developer, DVD Verdict
www.dvdverdict.com

Re: WebUserPrefs

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@nougen.com>.

Josh Trutwin wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:40:44 -0400
> Rick Macdougall <ri...@nougen.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WebUserInterfaces
>>
>>I'll be updating the php-sa-mysql2 to work with 3.x sometime in the
>>next few days.
>

> Out of curiousity, what needs to change from version 2.x to 3.x?

Hi,

Rewrite Subject and I believe required_hits

Regards,

Rick

Re: WebUserPrefs

Posted by Josh Trutwin <jo...@trutwins.homeip.net>.
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:40:44 -0400
Rick Macdougall <ri...@nougen.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/WebUserInterfaces
>
> I'll be updating the php-sa-mysql2 to work with 3.x sometime in the
> next few days.

Out of curiousity, what needs to change from version 2.x to 3.x?

Josh

Re: WebUserPrefs

Posted by Rick Macdougall <ri...@nougen.com>.

WebUserPrefs

Re: Spamassassin not working

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
At 11:54 AM 10/21/2004, Gary Manigault wrote:
>I have Spamassasin version 2.63.  I have some allowed and denied addresses
>setup but it doesn't seem to be working. The spamd process it running.  It
>doesn't seem to be tagging mail from the denied domain names.  I have been
>testing this with a telnet to my postfix box which is my email gateway
>between the outside and my exchange server.  Can anyone point me in the
>right direction?  Thanks.

Care to explain "allowed" and "denied". Which exact config options did you
use? What files did you put them in?

And most importantly: where did you insert your call to spamc? (running
spamd alone does nothing)

Also, run spamassassin --lint and check you config files for typos and errors.