Posted to dev@uniffle.apache.org by Junfan Zhang <zu...@apache.org> on 2023/03/17 03:14:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Uniffle (Incubating) 0.7.0-rc4

Hi Uniffle community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache Uniffle (Incubating) 0.7.0-rc4

Compared to 0.6.1, the most important features are as follows
1. Better support for  spark AQE
2. Optimization of a huge partition to improve stability of shuffle servers
3. More bug fixes and usability improvements of K8S operator
4. Add support of user quota management and more compression algorithms
5. Add support for the spark data eviction mechanism of stage level
6. Some improvement of stability and performance

And the detailed changelog could be found in
https://github.com/apache/incubator-uniffle/compare/v0.6.1..v0.7.0-rc4

Compared to 0.7.0-rc3, this release has fixed some flaky tests mentioned in
previous VOTE email.

The git tag to be voted upon:
    https://github.com/apache/incubator-uniffle/tree/v0.7.0-rc4

The git commit hash:
   4ffee9eb1efa17e2faa66b72472dcd1613886cc1

The source tarballs can be found at:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/uniffle/0.7.0-rc4/

Fingerprint of the PGP key release artifacts are signed with:
    0CF4889DD77BDD442FAE334495A12D262CEB34D0

My public key to verify signatures can be found in:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/uniffle/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary
number of votes are reached.
Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and the reason)

Checklist for release:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist
Steps to validate the release:
    https://linkis.apache.org/community/how-to-verify

Starting with my +1 (non-binding):

* Download links, checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
* Source code distributions have correct names matching the current release.
* Release files have the word incubating in their name.
* DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and NOTICE files are correct.
* All files have license headers if necessary.
* No unlicensed compiled archives bundled in source archive.
* The source tarball matches the git tag.
* Build from source is successful, Uniffle CI passed. [1]

Thanks,
Junfan Zhang

---
[1]: https://github.com/apache/incubator-uniffle/actions/runs/4443480462

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Uniffle (Incubating) 0.7.0-rc4

Posted by Junfan Zhang <zu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thanks, everyone, I will close this vote thread and the results will be tallied.

Best wishes!

Junfan Zhang <zu...@apache.org> 于2023年3月17日周五 11:14写道:

Posted by Meng Duan <ma...@apache.org>.
update: +1 (binding)