Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> on 2001/09/11 00:48:44 UTC

Re: Is there a way to override where Catalina looks for the conf and webapps directories?

Ah! I just noticed the CATALINA_BASE stuff in rc1. That seems to be most of
what I need/want.

Now, to amend what I asked for earlier, I'd like to add conf and common to
the CATALINA_BASE dirs, so that classes I add to my deployment can be
protected from simple updates to Tomcat.

I suspect this can't be done exactly like that (I think there will need to
be a CATALINA_CONF environment variable), and I think classes found in the
common dir for each CATALINA_BASE will have to apply to just that
CATALINA_BASE, not all CATALINA_BASEs.

Roderick Mann               rmann @ latencyzero.com.sansspam