Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rishi007bansod <ri...@gmail.com> on 2018/01/05 08:24:17 UTC

Ignite Memory Storage Options

Hi,
    I am using Ignite version 2.3.0, I want to know whether it is possible
to,

(1) store all cache data in the disk (no data in memory at all)
(2) store exclusive set of data in memory and on disk i.e. data stored in
memory should be available in memory only and data stored on disk should be
available on disk only(disk should not have the superset of data)

Thanks,
Rishikesh

Re: Ignite Memory Storage Options

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
1. Have a data region with the Ignite persistence enabled and set a little bit of RAM for that region. The more RAM you dedicate for the region the faster your queries will be.

2. Define two data regions - the first won’t have the persistence enabled and the second will be defined as in 1.

—
Denis

Posted by Mikael <mi...@telia.com>.
(1) You need to read it into ram to access the data ? not sure what you
try to do, but you can set the cached data set kept in ram to very small
(with the expiration policy), but if you just keep it on disk you might
as well just use a database and not use the cache at all.

(2) Not sure what you are trying to do here either, if you need to
access the data stored on disk you need to read it into ram first, but
if your cache store don't write out to disk it will never save anything
from the cache it will only read from the cache store if data is missing
in ram, but I don't understand what you are trying to do so maybe I
understand you wrong.

Mikael