Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ma...@Emerson.com on 2008/08/12 21:55:57 UTC

Please help - Embedded web service

I've successfully embedded Axis in my web app and bring up happyaxis.jsp
without a problem.

My test web service code is in the following pkg:
com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc3.

This package contains the CalcIF interface and implemented code
CalcImpl.

I'm assuming the wsdl2java script will generate code in
com.cpcus.jaru.webservices.calc3.ws.

The url for my web app is: http://localhost:8080/Jaru/

Can someone PLEASE provide me a very detailed example of the Java2WSDL,
WSDL2Java, and AdminClient (for deployment) commands?

Use whatever namespace you want.

Call the wsdl whatever you want.

Assume the scope is session.

I am new at developing web services. I've been able to develop, deploy
and test one when Axis was not embedded in my webapp.

However I can't get things other than happyaxis.jsp to work with Axis
embedded in the web app.

I'm pretty sure I'm not using/settng the parameters right somewhere
along the way but just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I've spent days on this and am at my wits end not to mention my boss is
losing his patience.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Marc

RE: Please help - Embedded web service

Posted by Ma...@Emerson.com.
At
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html#AdvancedInstallationAddingAx
isToYourOwnWebapp

Item 4 states: Run the Axis AdminClient against your own webapp, instead
of Axis, by changing the URL you invoke it with.

One thing that confuses me is how this url compares to the one used with
the -l option of the Java2Wsdl command.

Modifying the example you sent me to represent embedded Axis, would the
Java2Wsdl -l look like this:
http://localhost:8080/MyWebApp/services/WidgetPrice

and then what would the AdminClient command look like,
http://localhost:8080/MyWebApp/services or
http://localhost:8080/MyWebApp ? I tried both and got errors both times
such as: "bad envelope exception: html"

Marc

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 14:55:57 -0500
From: Marc.Horvath@Emerson.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

[...]

Get more from your digital life. Find out how.
<http://www.windowslive.com/default.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Home2_082008>