Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Neeraj Verma <ne...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/15 07:35:56 UTC

Using Apache Drill with MondoDB with java

Hi,

I have been exploring API/tools to have SQLlike access to mongodb and came across Apache Drill. After reading, it looks really promising, a Big Thank You for good work :)

I have been trying to find out some help/sample code to use Apache Drill for mongoDB through java program, so that we can automate things but sadly I have not been able to do so. Although through drill command line, I am able to access mongoDB using SQLLike queries;

So I was thinking it would be a great help if I can get some help with this regard mainly some guideline.

Thank You.
Neeraj

Re: Using Apache Drill with MondoDB with java

Posted by Tugdual Grall <tu...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

As you probably know Apache Drill is accessible using JDBC so you can query
MongoDB using SQL using the JDBC Driver.

See:
https://drill.apache.org/docs/using-the-jdbc-driver/#example-of-connecting-to-drill-programmatically

Simply replace the SQL query in the sample with your "mongodb" one.

Regards
Tug
@tgrall