Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID> on 2023/02/17 06:16:28 UTC

Inconsistent GPG keys in dev and release repositories

Hi all,

I found the GPG keys, which are used in verifying the signatures of
release candidates, are much different in dev and release
repositories:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pulsar/KEYS
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/pulsar/KEYS

From here [1], it seems like we need to append the GPG key of a
committer into the release repo as well. But it seems that the KEYS
file in the release repo is never used. Should we make them
consistent? Or just remove the KEYS file in release repo?

[1] https://pulsar.apache.org/contribute/create-gpg-keys/#appending-the-key-to-keys-files

Re: Inconsistent GPG keys in dev and release repositories

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
> Actually we shouldn't have a "dev" KEYS file. It is confusing.

Make sense to me.

Thanks,
Zike Yang

Zike Yang

Posted by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
Hi, Yunze

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Actually we shouldn't have a "dev" KEYS file. It is confusing.

I suggest dropping it.

When a new committer wants to cut a release they can ask for help to
the PMC to add their KEY to the "release" KEYS

Enrico

Posted by Yunze Xu <yz...@streamnative.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Zike Yang <zi...@apache.org>.
Hi, Yunze