Posted to dev@milagro.apache.org by John McCane-Whitney <jo...@qredo.com> on 2020/06/29 11:05:48 UTC

July Podling Report

Hi Milagro!

We need to submit our July podling report by end of day this Wednesday 1st July

This is what I'm proposing:

-Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1. Continue to build relevant and useful crypto libraries and applications for decentralized networks in order to grow the ecosystem of users and contributors to the project.
2. Continue to improve compliance with the Apache Way. In particular to update the Milagro website and other project sites (e.g. Whimsy) in accordance with Apache policies.
3. Further releases to increase the scope of the Milagro project, extend the capability of existing releases and to demonstrate improved compliance with the Apache Way.

-Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No significant issues, however, due to recent time constraints, several administrative aspects of the project still have not been dealt with (updating Whimsy, countersigning code signing keys, checking download links, confirming brand/trademark compliance etc.).  In addition to this, the private mailing list subscriber list needs clearing of any non-PPMC members and Kirk Baird still needs to be officially added to the list of committers.

-How has the community developed since the last report?

No change.

-How has the project developed since the last report?

Development has progressed on the Multi Party Computation (MPC library) working towards an official release.  The library has been successfully reviewed by the NCC Group and world renowned cryptographer Dr. Michael Scott. Their recommendations have been implemented and their reports will be added to the library prior to release.  There are plans to improve upon the library post release - in particular to extend the capability from a 2 of 2 threshold to an arbitrary m or n threshold.
Development has also progressed on the version of the core cryptographic library written in Rust.  More work is required for this to be in a release ready state.

-How would you assess the podling's maturity?

"Community building"

-Date of last release:

10th February 2010

-When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

February 2020

-Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

No issues.

-Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No known issues, but further investigation is still required by the Milagro community.

Please let me know if you have any comments by midday Wednesday at the very latest.

Regards,

John
John McCane-Whitney
Director of Product
+44 7966 490687
qredo.com<http://www.qredo.com/>
[Linkedin]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/qredo>  [Twitter] <https://twitter.com/qredonetwork>

[https://www.qredo.com/hubfs/Email%20Signature/qredo_email_logo_banner.png] <http://www.qredo.com>
Qredo Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered number 7834052).  This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, and are intended only for the named addressee(s).  If you are not the intended recipient you may not copy, disclose to anyone else or otherwise use the content of this e-mail or any attachment thereto and should notify the sender immediately and delete them from your system.

Re: July Podling Report

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The incubator report will be submitted to the board on Wednesday 8th and I don't see any sign off from your mentors on the report, you might need to remind them to sign off your report.

Thanks,
Justin

RE: July Podling Report

Posted by John McCane-Whitney <jo...@qredo.com>.
Thanks for the suggestion Giorgio, just uncertain about travelling/meeting due to the pandemic.

I did consider whether a virtual gathering might be best if there was enough interest.

It could possibly be used as an opportunity to review some admin issues with he mentors and discuss the future of the project.

Regards,

John

Re: July Podling Report

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.