Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Johannes Goll <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/06 22:10:13 UTC

solrconfig luceneMatchVersion 2.9.3

Hi,

our index files have been created using Lucene 2.9.3 and solr 1.4.1.

I am trying to use a patched version of the current trunk (solr 1.5.0 ? ).
The patched version works fine with newly generated index data but
not with our existing data:

After adjusting the solrconfig.xml  - I added the line

  <luceneMatchVersion>LUCENE_40</luceneMatchVersion>

also tried

  <luceneMatchVersion>LUCENE_30</luceneMatchVersion>

I am getting the following exception

"java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooOldException:
Format version is not supported in file '_q.fdx': 1 (needs to be
between 2 and 2)"

When I try to change it to

  <luceneMatchVersion>LUCENE_29</luceneMatchVersion>

or

  <luceneMatchVersion>2.9</luceneMatchVersion>

or

  <luceneMatchVersion>2.9.3</luceneMatchVersion>

I am getting

"SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Invalid luceneMatchVersion
'2.9', valid values are: [LUCENE_30, LUCENE_31, LUCENE_40, LUCENE_CURRENT]
or a string in format 'V.V'"

Do you know a way to make this work with Lucene version 2.9.3 ?

Thanks,
Johannes

Re: solrconfig luceneMatchVersion 2.9.3

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: there is no more trunk support for 2.9 indexes.
:
: So I tried the suggested solution to execute an optimize to convert a 2.9.3
: index to a 3.x index.
:
: However, when I tried to the optimize a 2.9.3 index using the Solr 4.0 trunk
: version with luceneMatchVersion set to LUCENE_30 in the solrconfig.xml,
: I am getting

the part about there being no trunk support for 2.9? .. that means there
is no support at all -- you can't use trunk, with version compat set to
LUCENE_30, to open a 2.9 index in any way.  the code doesn't exist.

you have to use the code on the 3x branch of lucene to open/optimize the
2.9 index in order to get it into the LUCENE_30 format.  then you *may*
be able to open thta using the code on teh trunk.

Honestly though: i'm not sure even that will actually work for you long
term -- lots of things are still changing on the trunk, including index
format, and the exact process for migrating from a 3x index to a 4x index
is up in the air.

See in particular this thread...

http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Index-compatibility-1-4-Vs-3-1-Trunk-td1016232.html

:
: SimplePostTool: POSTing file optimize.xml
: SimplePostTool: FATAL: Solr returned an error: Severe errors in solr
: configuration.  Check your log files for more detailed information on what
: may be wrong.  -------------------------------------------------------------
: java.lang.RuntimeException:
: org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooOldException: Format version is not
: supported in file '_0.fdx': 1 (needs to be between 2 and 2). This version of
: Lucene only supports indexes created with release 3.0 and later.
:
: Is there any other mechanism for converting index files to 3.x?
:
:
:
: 2011/1/6 Johannes Goll <jo...@gmail.com>