Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/12/16 12:37:26 UTC

Preview of new HttpClient 3.x site

Hi folks,

I moved the HttpClient 3.x code in SVN and made adjustments
for generating the site in the new location. I've deployed
a preview at:

http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/

Please have a look and let me know what needs to be changed.
Notable differences to the official site at Jakarta:

- replaced Jakarta logo with HttpComponents logo
  (I copied that manually to the new site location)
- updated History section of welcome page
- updated news for mailing list and website changes
- user guide moved to separate section in navigation
- new section "ASF" in navigation
- dropped developer guide
  (had only links to Jakarta and ASF)
- additional archive links for old mailing list names
- references to SVN updated
  (SVN links, sample code, project definition)
- mailing lists names changed
  (and removed links to old names from historic news)
- JavaDocs reference Java 5.0 instead of Java 1.4.2

The download page still points to the Jakarta dist directory,
obviously. The MultiThreadedExample uses sample URIs pointing
to Jakarta, I'll update those shortly. Then I noticed that
a lot of the SVN tags in the source code like $Header$
or $HeadURL$ seem to be broken. I'll look into that too,
but with lower priority.

cheers,
  Roland

SVN keywords in 3.1 code (was: Preview of new HttpClient 3.x site)

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Hi Sebastian,

sebb wrote:
> On 16/12/2007, Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> wrote:
>> Hi Oleg,

>>> You might not even bother. Those tags have been broken since migration
>>> from CVS to SVN.
>> OK, I'll leave them for now. Maybe I'll try to update or
>> remove them with a script in time for the 3.1.1 release.
>
> This is because the SVN property
>
> svn:keywords
>
> does not have Header as one of the entries.

Header is not one of the keywords that Subversion supports
by default.[1] I've replaced it with HeadURL, now it works.

cheers,
  Roland

[1]
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.props.special.keywords.html

Re: Preview of new HttpClient 3.x site

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 16/12/2007, Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> wrote:
> Hi Oleg,
>
> >> a lot of the SVN tags in the source code like $Header$
> >> or $HeadURL$ seem to be broken. I'll look into that too,
> >> but with lower priority.
> >
> > You might not even bother. Those tags have been broken since migration
> > from CVS to SVN.
>
> OK, I'll leave them for now. Maybe I'll try to update or
> remove them with a script in time for the 3.1.1 release.

This is because the SVN property

svn:keywords

does not have Header as one of the entries.

Just add it and the value will be replaced when the file is next updated.

The defaults for new files can be specified in the Subversion config file.

Posted by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net>.
Hi Oleg,

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 12:37 +0100, Roland Weber wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I moved the HttpClient 3.x code in SVN and made adjustments
> for generating the site in the new location. I've deployed
> a preview at:
>
> http://hc.apache.org/httpclient-3.x/
>
> Please have a look and let me know what needs to be changed.
> Notable differences to the official site at Jakarta:
>
> - replaced Jakarta logo with HttpComponents logo
>   (I copied that manually to the new site location)
> - updated History section of welcome page
> - updated news for mailing list and website changes
> - user guide moved to separate section in navigation
> - new section "ASF" in navigation
> - dropped developer guide
>   (had only links to Jakarta and ASF)
> - additional archive links for old mailing list names
> - references to SVN updated
>   (SVN links, sample code, project definition)
> - mailing lists names changed
>   (and removed links to old names from historic news)
> - JavaDocs reference Java 5.0 instead of Java 1.4.2

Great job!

> The download page still points to the Jakarta dist directory,
> obviously. The MultiThreadedExample uses sample URIs pointing
> to Jakarta, I'll update those shortly. Then I noticed that
> a lot of the SVN tags in the source code like $Header$
> or $HeadURL$ seem to be broken. I'll look into that too,
> but with lower priority.

You might not even bother. Those tags have been broken since migration
from CVS to SVN.

I would like to complete HTTPCORE-133 while I am at it, and then I will
proceed with HttpCore SVN migration, sometime in the coming days.

Cheers

Oleg