Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Martin Stemplinger <ms...@gmx.de> on 2005/12/15 10:08:41 UTC

timestamps in wss4j and asynchronous messaging

Hi all,

I use the WSDoAllReceiver as an axis handler for processing
UsernameToken. This works great using http. But now I need to use MQ
Series and thus can't guarantee that the message arrive within 5
minutes. But then the timestamp processing fails. While this is
correct per the WSS spec and the basic security profile, it does not
make sense in this scenario. I tried to understand the spec but didn't
succeed :-(.

I'd appreciate any hints how the spec supposes to handle asynchronous
requests. The only solution so far seems to be to switch off timestamp
handling which I'd rather do not because I'd like to retain the
anti-replay feature.

Thanks in Advance!

Martin