Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2009/10/01 00:12:46 UTC

Re: SSL connection between geronimo and postgresSQL

On Sep 30, 2009, at 1:33 PM, Fredrik Jonson wrote:

> David Jencks wrote:
>
>> IIRC the postgres tranql wrapper uses the postgres
>> ConnectionPoolDataSource (at least with tranql trunk).  To configure
>> ssl you'd need to be able to configure ssl using this postgres class.
>> If you can provide info on how to do that in the next day or two we
>> can make sure tranql can do it too in the next tranql wrapper
>> release.
>
> David,
>
> I'd be happy to supply a patch, if only I knew which svn trunk you're
> talking about. The tranql svn repo at codehaus is, well, confusing,
> and I
> don't even have enough svn-fu to know where to point 'svn co'. ;)

I've had that problem too and recently reorganized it.  Try this:

https://svn.codehaus.org/tranql/ra/trunk

> Otherwise, for the properties Paul asked about, there is a boolean
> property
> for SSL and a string property sslsocketfactory on the base class of
> PGConnectionPoolDataSource[0]. Might be relevant to expose the other
> "public" properties in that class too though.
>
> <http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/publicapi/index.html?
> org/postgresql/ds/common/BaseDataSource.html>

A patch would be great, if you don't get to it I'll try to look into it.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Paul Wong <mr...@gmail.com>.
David and Fredrik,

It works very well.  You guys are SUPER.

Many thanks again.

Cheers.

Paul

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Paul Wong <mr...@gmail.com>.
Fredrik,

Posted by Fredrik Jonson <fr...@myrealbox.com>.

Posted by Paul Wong <mr...@gmail.com>.
David and Fredrik,

Thanks a lot.  Can I specify the implemented class injected is
org.postgresql.ds.PGSimpleDataSource in my ra.xml file?
Can you or anyone give me some tips of doing so?  I tried several
parameters and could not get it to work.

Here is my java code:
    @Resource( name = " MyDbPool ", authenticationType =
Resource.AuthenticationType.APPLICATION  )
    private PGSimpleDataSource jdbcDataSource;

Here is in the db-resource-adapter.xml
        <outbound-resourceadapter>
            <connection-definition>

<connectionfactory-interface>javax.sql.DataSource</connectionfactory-interface>
                <connectiondefinition-instance>
                    <name>MyDbPool</name>
                    <config-property-setting
name="DatabaseName">MyDB</config-property-setting>
                    <config-property-setting
name="ServerName">MyServer</config-property-setting>
                    <connectionmanager>
                        <local-transaction/>
                        <single-pool>
                            <max-size>10</max-size>
                            <min-size>0</min-size>
                            <match-one/>
                        </single-pool>
                    </connectionmanager>
                </connectiondefinition-instance>
            </connection-definition>
        </outbound-resourceadapter>

Here are the attributes I can use:
connectionFactory, statisticsProvider, UserName, ServerName, ,
connectionInterface, DatabaseName, Password, objectName,
configProperties, managedConnectionFactoryClass, PortNumber,
eventProvider, kernel, PrepareThreshold, resourceAdapterWrapper,
connectionFactoryInterface, classLoader, abstractName, LoginTimeout,
implementedInterfaces, connectionManagerContainer, connectionImplClass,
connectionFactoryImplClass

Thanks a lot for your help.

Paul

Posted by Fredrik Jonson <fr...@myrealbox.com>.
David,

I've opened TQL-18 and submitted a patch. It has only received rudimentary
testing, and the changes on the xa variant isn't tested at all. I've attached
a example datasource plan to the issue.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TQL-18

--
Fredrik Jonson

Re: SSL connection between geronimo and postgresSQL

Posted by Fredrik Jonson <fr...@myrealbox.com>.