Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by caleb racey <Ca...@newcastle.ac.uk> on 2003/02/20 11:56:55 UTC

reverse proxy with mod_proxy in front of cocoon

I am looking for ways to connect my existing apache httpd server to
cocoon so I can get nice urls like www.httpdsever.com/cocoon/.

I'm attracted to using mod_proxy instead of mod_jk and friends because
mod_proxy is simpler to install and will allow me to support other
servers like zope or perl etc.

The guide at http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ApacheModProxy is
fantastic.

However the performance tuning tips at
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/performancetips.html says not to use mod
proxy because it kills "keep alives".

Does anyone know when it is necessary to use keep alives with cocoon? My
general feelings on keep alives is that they are to be avoided anyway.
My searching of the lists (cocoon and httpd) hasn't turned up anything.

Cheers Cal

Caleb Racey
Webteam
University Computer Service