Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Virajith Jalaparti <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/22 22:46:46 UTC

hdfs reformat confirmation message

Hi,

When I try to reformat HDFS (I have to multiple times for some
experiment I need to run), it asks for a confirmation Y/N. Is there a
way to disable this in HDFS/hadoop? I am trying to automate my process
and pressing Y everytime I do this is just a lot of manual work.

Thanks,
Virajith

Re: hdfs reformat confirmation message

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Simply do a "yes Y | hadoop namenode -format".

--
Harsh J

Re: hdfs reformat confirmation message

Posted by Marcos Ortiz <ml...@uci.cu>.
Well, I think that would be a nice feature to have:
hadoop namenode -reformat -y
What do you think?
Can you add it to the HDFS´s Jira?
Regards

--
Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
  Software Engineer (UCI)

Re: hdfs reformat confirmation message

Posted by Virajith Jalaparti <vi...@gmail.com>.
Cool...yeah "echo Y | hadoop namenode -format" works just fine.

Thanks,
Virajith

Posted by Joey Echeverria <jo...@cloudera.com>.

--