Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kalidoss MM <mm...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/27 00:29:27 UTC

Datemath Now is UST or IST?

Hi,

We use Solr1.3 and indexed some of our date fields in the format
'1995-12-31T23:59:59Z' and as we know this is a UTC date. But we do want to
index the date in IST  which is +05:30hours so that extra conversion from
UTC to IST across all our application is avoided. How to do that?

And we have some confusion on how the flexible search functions such as
(NOW, NOW+1DAY etc) provided by DateMathParser works? Now() is being
calculated upon considering the date indexed as  UTC or  Localtime? Can we
have the NOW() results in IST if the date indexed is in IST?

Thanks,
Kalidoss.m,

Re: Datemath Now is UST or IST?