Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sameer Bhadale <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/21 11:01:16 UTC

New Catalog not getting display in the list

Hi,
I am new to Ofbiz and exploring the functionality. I am exlporing Catalog Manager. I added new catalog but it is not getting display in the left side under "Browse Catalogs/Categories".

please guide.

Thanks.
Sameer.

Re: New Catalog not getting display in the list

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I see it in flat grey ,tomhawk themes
do you see any catalogs listed?

Sameer Bhadale sent the following on 2/21/2011 8:52 PM:

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Done:

Thanks

From: "Mike" <mz...@gmail.com>

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <jl...@les7arts.com>.
Mike,

Inline...

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This is true in FF (and IE?)

From: "Mike" <mz...@gmail.com>

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sameer Bhadale <sa...@yahoo.com>.
You are right Mike!

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Sameer,

If I go to https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProdCatalog I am able to see the CAR and color catalog created by you(I think :)) under "Browse Catalogs/Categories"?
Is this something you are referring to or something else. If this is the case then please provide some more details about how you are expecting it to be. Trying these things locally will help you for sure.
If we talk from the point of view of a developer, understanding the data model working behind these is important and then understanding how actually things should be. If something is obvious and not happening then there is also a scope of improvement which can be discussed and worked on.

HTH.

Thanks & Regards
--
Pranay Pandey

Posted by Sameer Bhadale <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Sameer Bhadale <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Deepak-

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hello Sameer,

Posted by Sameer Bhadale <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
acceptable fix
thanks

=========================
BJ Freeman

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Re: Drop down menu with category and subCategory of the same problem

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
so why tell me why not answer the question he ask?
BTW I don't follow the pattern you suggest.
to much maintainence.

=========================
BJ Freeman
Systems Integrator-- Glad to Assist

Chat  Y! messenger: bjfr33man

David E Jones sent the following on 2/21/2011 11:15 PM:

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Hardik Handa <Ha...@hcl.com>.
I have done all this . Have reffered to sidedeepcategory.ftl and sideepcategory.groovy in ecommerce store for implementation. You are actually not understanding my question mate. I have done all the basic framework activities ! Kindly read my first mail again attaching it again here for your reference.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
Skip if you look at the code you will see that is does not follow the
pattern used now. Yes the widget call the Ftl when you need the power of
  ftl when widget will not do the job.

the "moved away from" reference is from the ver 3.0 to ver 4.0 where the
decorator of widget then the themes were added so the functionality of
"screens" was done in widgets, with the code for laying out the data
left in the sometimes left in FTL's.

David brings up that using only FTL only in eccomerce, this is the first
time I have heard this on either mailing list or documentation,so I
learned something.

=========================
BJ Freeman

skip@thedevers sent the following on 2/22/2011 9:08 AM: