Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Varadharajan Sethuraman <va...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/13 13:08:58 UTC

Problem with Linking Font (Not Embeded Font)

Hi All,

I have a problem with linking the font (not embeded font) with pdf.
In the userconfig.xml file I have specified only metric-file attribute. I haven't specified
embed-file attribute value.

Following highlighted paragraph from taken from http://xml.apache.org/fop/fonts.html
It says that particular font file should be there in the local system. Yes, Its there. But eventhough it is not working...

The "kerning" and "embed-file" attributes are optional. Kerning is currently not used at all. If embedding is off, the output will position the text correctly (from the metrics file), but it will not be displayed or printed correctly unless the viewer has the applicable font available to their local system.
If any one knows about Linking font with pdf using FOP.
Kindly help me....

Regards
Varadharajan S

Re: Problem with Linking Font (Not Embeded Font)

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Varadharajan Sethuraman wrote:
> Actually my problem is that, I can't specify the /*embed-file
> attribute*/ value in the  userconfig.xml file.
> Hance,  is there any workarround to achieve the linking font issue...?

I'm not sure what you mean by "I can't specify the /*embed-file
attribute*/" I have no problem using embed-file="no" in the font
declaration. Unfortunately, the rendered PDF will only display
text in Acrobat Reader if the font in question has been installed
with Acrobat, because FOP doesn't provide a mapping in the PDF
font dictionary which Acrobat can use to get the system's font
file.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Problem with Linking Font (Not Embeded Font)

Posted by Varadharajan Sethuraman <va...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you very much...

Actually my problem is that, I can't specify the embed-file attribute value in the  userconfig.xml file.
Hance,  is there any workarround to achieve the linking font issue...?

Bye
Varadha

"J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> wrote:
Varadharajan Sethuraman wrote:
> If any one knows about Linking font with pdf using FOP.

It doesn't work with 0.20.5, because of problems with font name
mangling. You *must* embed non-standard fonts.

J.Pietschmann

Re: Problem with Linking Font (Not Embeded Font)

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.