Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Owen O'Malley <om...@apache.org> on 2017/04/14 14:34:34 UTC

Quarterly ORC report to Apache Board

All,
   We owe the Apache Board our quarterly report this month. Here is my
current version. Please provide any feedback.

Thanks,
  Owen

Attachment AU: Report from the Apache ORC Project  [Owen O'Malley]

A high-performance columnar file format for Hadoop workloads.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring the board's attention.

## Activity:
 - Hive's master branch has moved over to the ORC project's artifacts.
 - There was a talk at Hadoop Summit Munich about our file format benchmark
   comparing size and speed of Avro, Json, ORC, and Parquet.

## Health report:
 - We are doing well and are actively encouraging the new contributors
   towards becoming committers.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 7 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Gopal Vijayaraghavan on Sun Jan 08 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 35 committers.
 - New commmitters:
    - Carl Steinbach was added as a committer on Mon Jan 30 2017
    - Jimmy Xiang was added as a committer on Mon Jan 30 2017
    - Naveen Gangam was added as a committer on Fri Feb 17 2017

## Releases:

 - 1.3.0 was released on Sun Jan 22 2017
 - 1.3.1 was released on Thu Feb 02 2017
 - 1.3.2 was released on Sun Feb 12 2017
 - 1.3.3 was released on Mon Feb 20 2017

## Mailing list activity:

 - Now that the code base has completely moved from Hive, we are
   seeing a significant upswing in activity.

 - dev@orc.apache.org:

 - issues@orc.apache.org:

 - user@orc.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: Quarterly ORC report to Apache Board

Posted by Prasanth Jayachandran <j....@gmail.com>.

		+1

		Thanks
Prasanth