Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Titi Wangsa <bl...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/09 09:26:00 UTC

Kupu Editor and t:inputHtml

according to the myfaces wiki
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WYSIWYG_Editor

the kupu editor is buggy and does not play well with ie

"This page should help to integrate the TinyMCE Editor into your
MyFaces Application. I have added this WIKI Page, because the
<t:inputHtml> Kupu Editor doesn't work with IE Browser and has some
bugs "

the latest change was dated
2006-02-17

i was wondering, how is the support for ie and t:inputHtml now with
myfaces 1.1.5 and tomahawk 1.1.5
since
myfaces 1.1.5 was released April 18, 2007.

should i just use the sandboxed dojo component?

so questions are
1. is the t:inputHtml Kupu Component stable enough for Firefox/IE 6 and IE7?
2. if it is not, then is TinyMCE or Dojo (sandbox) the preferred
method for HTML input ? (the page
http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WYSIWYG_Editor ) showed 2 examples.

Re: Kupu Editor and t:inputHtml

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Titi Wangsa schrieb:

> so questions are
> 1. is the t:inputHtml Kupu Component stable enough for Firefox/IE 6 and
> IE7?
> 2. if it is not, then is TinyMCE or Dojo (sandbox) the preferred
> method for HTML input ? (the page
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/WYSIWYG_Editor ) showed 2 examples.

I have not too much experience with the kupu, but it has some issues to
my knowledge, if you can use TinyMCE or the dojo editor,
TinyMCE cannot be integrated into myfaces due to licensing issues
and for the dojo editor no one has done it yet.
Dojo works pretty well so does tinymce, if I had the choice I probably
would use one of the later ones instead of the tomahawk kupu version,
depending on the needs I have.
(The dojo editor has some restrictions regarding scrollbars etc, so if
you need more TinyMCE probably is the best choice)