Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Shoemaker, Michael (STL)" <MS...@express-scripts.com> on 2002/04/04 19:13:26 UTC

Modular Build Process

I currently have several ejbs that use different build.xml files.

Id like to create a build.xml that in turn calls each of the ejb's build.xml
and package each ejb jars inside an ear file.

Is this possible using Ant?

Thanks
Mike

Re: Modular Build Process

Posted by Drew Davidson <dr...@eblox.com>.
"Shoemaker, Michael (STL)" wrote:

> I currently have several ejbs that use different build.xml files.
>
> Id like to create a build.xml that in turn calls each of the ejb's build.xml
> and package each ejb jars inside an ear file.
>
> Is this possible using Ant?

Before Erik or Diane answer this I have to say:

Anything is possible with Ant.  That doesn't mean it's easy.

Kidding aside, look at the <ant> task for ways to call other build files.  You
can pass parameters to the other build file in the form of nested <property>
tags so you can make them build to a common location.

- Drew