Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/13 18:10:07 UTC

[VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.2.0

Hi all,

We have made a bunch of fixes and improvements since the previous
client release, both in the client itself and also in Proton. It is
time those were available via an updated client release, so I have put
up an RC for folks to test and vote on.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.2.0-rc1/

Those and the other individual maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1034

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test it out from the staging repo using maven (e.g
with the examples src, or your own things), add this to your poms:
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1034</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for the client itself would then be:
  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
    <version>0.2.0</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Qpid JMS client 0.2.0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 14 May 2015 at 13:37, Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz> wrote:
> Hi Robbie,
>
> I cannot really vote.

Feel free. It might not be a binding vote, but it doesn't mean it
isn't useful to see.

> But I run some of my tests against the Qpid C++ / Red
> Hat MRG-M broker and didn't found anything serious. I noticed two "issues"
> which I raised as QPIDJMS-48 and QPIDJMS-49. But both exist already in
> 0.1.0 and I don't think they are serious enough to be blocking for 0.2.0.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Jakub

Thanks for testing it out and raising those issues. I agree I wouldn't
hold 0.2.0 since they aren't regressions,and  we can incorporate them
in the next release..more incentive to get the next one out :)

Posted by Jakub Scholz <ja...@scholz.cz>.
Hi Robbie,

I cannot really vote. But I run some of my tests against the Qpid C++ / Red

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Adding my +1

I tested as follows:
- Inspected license+notice files in both archives.
- Verified sigs and checksums.
- Built from the source release and ran the tests, all passed.
- Did a RAT check to verify licence headers (mvn apache-rat:check).
- Modified the ActiveMQ master branch to use the staged artifacts, ran
the AMQP tests.
- Ran the HelloWorld example using the staged artifacts (modifying the
pom to add the staging repo, details in first email) against the Qpid
0.32 C++ and Java brokers, and an ActiveMQ 5.12-SNAPSHOT.

Robbie

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
+1