Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org> on 2021/03/11 11:47:39 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 5.1.1 RC1

Please vote on this Apache phoenix release candidate,
phoenix-5.1.1RC1

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache phoenix 5.1.1

The tag to be voted on is 5.1.1RC1:

 https://github.com/apache/phoenix/tree/5.1.1RC1

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/phoenix-5.1.1RC1/

Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:

  https://repository.apache.org/#stagingRepositories
(orgapachephoenix-1228)

Artifacts were signed with the 0x794433C7 key which can be found in:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/phoenix/KEYS

To learn more about Apache phoenix, please see

  http://phoenix.apache.org/

Thanks,
Istvan

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 5.1.1 RC1

Posted by "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org>.
Just came here to say the same.

While we're at it, let's also pull in PHOENIX-6409, as it bring better visibility into local index plans.

-- Lars

On Thursday, March 11, 2021, 11:41:52 PM PST, Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org> wrote:

Thanks Istvan.
I believe we can get in PHOENIX-6385 with 5.1.1 since it is better perf
improvement even for count(*) queries. Anoop has fixed the issue in
HBASE-25644 and it will be included with upcoming HBase releases 2.4.2 and
2.3.5. However, good to resolve from Phoenix side too (change is trivial
but that way we will not have to wait for HBASE-25644 to land).

Are you fine with another RC (my bad, I was traveling for past 2 days and
still available intermittently only, else would have informed and raised PR
before this RC)?
Although the change can be backported to 4.x for better alignment, it
mainly impacts 5.x.

Posted by Istvan Toth <st...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
-1 We want to include PHOENIX-6385 in 5.1.1

Yes, I'm fine with it.
With the new release script, the actual RC creation takes about 15 minutes
of work (plus 3 hours of waiting for the build).
We are far more limited on reviewer bandwidth.

I'll also wait for PHOENIX-6409, as a major theme for 5.1.1 is fixing local
index regressions, and I expect it to land soon.

PHOENIX-6365 is another local index regression that we should fix on the
5.1 branch, but
it is more complex, and has lesser impact, so I plan to defer that to
5.1.2, unless someone disagrees, or
steps up to fix. (My current PR still doesn't work)

Istvan

--
*István Tóth* | Staff Software Engineer
stoty@cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 5.1.1 RC1

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
Thanks Istvan.