Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by John Wojtowicz <wo...@tcs-sec.com> on 2000/07/17 22:33:29 UTC

1.3.12/Solaris 2.5.1 server causes client stalls...

I'm having problems with  Apache 1.3.12 on Solaris 2.5.1 variant OS (Trusted
Solaris). Netscape client stalls after calls to ap_bhalfduplex(), in the
server
when requesting an image (jpg/gif).

By this point with Solaris 2.8, the image is already displayed on the client.
Oddly enough when I turn off autoloading of images in Netscape, and reload
the image, it loads quickly and completely each time (no stalls).

After keep alive timeout is exhausted, netscape appears to re-request the
image,
after which it displays the image. (is this correct?)

Problem occurs with any version of Netscape in combination with
1.3.12/Trusted Solaris 2.5.1.

Anyone had similar problems?  Could this have anything to do with a bad
Content-Length?

I checked the bug database, but could not find anything similar...

Thanks,

John

--
John Wojtowicz, Secure Systems Engr.  ph:     (703) 318-7134
Trusted Computer Solutions, Inc.      fax:    (703) 318-5041