Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Dmitry.Kovalev" <Dm...@osr.nsw.gov.au> on 2009/10/14 08:13:04 UTC

Endpoint becomes indirect and do not switch on after suspendDurationOnFailure expires

Endpoint becomes indirect and do not switch on after suspendDurationOnFailure
expires.

WARN : IndirectEndpoint  - Endpoint : esb-event-dead-letter is currently
inactive - invoking fault handler / assuming failure

I've set suspendDurationOnFailure to 60 so that after 1 min it should give
me an error, something like unable to sent because of bla bla, instead in
never becomes online again

Any ideas?

Cheers

<syn:endpoint name="esb-event-retry"
xmlns:syn="http://ws.apache.org/ns/synapse">
	<syn:address

uri="jms:/esb_event_retry?transport.jms.ConnectionFactoryJNDIName=QueueConnectionFactory&amp;java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:61616&amp;java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQInitialContextFactory&amp;java.naming.security.principal=esb&amp;java.naming.security.credentials=xxxxxxxxxxx">
          <syn:timeout>
              <syn:duration>15</syn:duration>
              <syn:action>fault</syn:action>
          </syn:timeout>
          <syn:suspendDurationOnFailure>60</syn:suspendDurationOnFailure>
   </syn:address>
</syn:endpoint>

Re: Endpoint becomes indirect and do not switch on after suspendDurationOnFailure expires

Posted by "Dmitry.Kovalev" <Dm...@osr.nsw.gov.au>.
Hi Asankha,

Yes, it's version 1.2 within wso2 1.7.1.
We have a number of small projects together on one instance and used
integrated repository's xml files to store sequences and endpoints to keep
the synapse.xml smaller, and simplify and automate deployment process.

Cheers,
Dmitry

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
Hi Dmitry
> Endpoint becomes indirect and do not switch on after suspendDurationOnFailure
> expires.
>
> WARN : IndirectEndpoint  - Endpoint : esb-event-dead-letter is currently
> inactive - invoking fault handler / assuming failure

Again, I need to know the exact version you are reporting this against..
I've recently got to know about an issue with indirect endpoints by a
production client against the original 1.2 release. Do you "require"
indirect endpoints - or have you used it just because it seemed ok?

cheers
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera